M2057 is an exciting, new, fast-growing women's ready-to-wear collection from Maria Pinto, the fashion designer well known for dressing some of the world's most stylish women, including First Lady Michelle Obama, Marcia Gay Harden, Brooke Shields, and Oprah Winfrey. Most recently, M2057 designs were featured on the new hit show Empire. Inspired by urban architecture and design, M2057 embodies a clean, minimalist aesthetic, empowering women with fashion that is highly functional, versatile and chic. We are expanding our team and looking for dynamic individuals who can represent the M2057 brand and who love fashion!
M2057 by Maria Pinto is currently seeking a full-time pattern maker to create and maintain patterns and manage work from sample to production patterns.
This is a unique opportunity to get in to a start-up early enough to have a huge impact and share the rewards of success, but also to have the confidence associated with a strong brand (Maria Pinto), a product that is resonating well with the target customer, and sales that have traction and are growing fast.
Position: Pattern Maker
Location: Chicago, IL
Key responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting designer's sketches into three-dimensional designs by draping fabric and drafting a pattern;
- Performing all pattern corrections necessary as a result of fittings and/or requested changes;
- Developing and maintaining a pattern library;
- Maintaining a consistent system of filing all patterns, as well as maintaining a clean and accurate "cutter's must";
- Developing fit standards to ensure consistency of fit for each product category;
- Supervising the sample maker's execution of first samples to ensure they are constructed correctly and timely;
- Checking measurements and quality of pre-production samples submitted for approval by factories;
- Collaborating with product development staff and management staff as necessary to solve any production issues that may arise at the factories with developed patterns;
- Creating TechPacs;
- Continually researching new ideas and technologies that could be used to improve the company's ability to develop and produce products.
We are seeking candidates with:
- 5 years+ pattern-making experience;
- A solid understanding of both the theory and techniques used in flat pattern making and how a fabric's construction will affect the fabric's behavior when developing garments;
- The ability to interpret design intent and create solutions to achieve it;
- An understanding of and the ability to communicate garment fit and construction techniques to both internal staff as well as outside factories;
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and enthusiasm to do what is necessary to meet those deadlines.
This is a full-time position to start immediately, with pay rate based on experience.
Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Pattern Maker" in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!